The FortiGate 70D series is a compact, all-in-one security appliance that delivers Fortinet’s Connected UTM. Ideal for remote, customer premise equipment (CPE) and retail networks, these appliances offer the network security, connectivity, and performance you need with attractive TCO.
You get advanced threat protection, including firewall, application control, advanced threat protection, IPS, VPN, and web filtering, all from one device that’s easy to deploy and manage. With its comprehensive management console, remote provisioning and wide range of connectivity options, you have an easy-to-deploy, easy-to-manage solution that’s great for a centrally-managed infrastructure.
Built on the foundation of the FortiASIC System on a Chip 2 (SoC2) and FortiOS 5, the FortiGate 70D series provides high performance firewall and VPN capabilities plus comprehensive complementary security technologies.
You’ll also appreciate features like VDOMs for your distributed networks. VDOMs on the FortiGate 70D series let you segment networks to enable guest and employee access, or protect things like cardholder data to meet compliance standards like PCI and HIPAA.
Features & Benefits
- High Speed Firewall and VPN powered by FortiASIC™ SoC2.
- Runs on FortiOS 5 — the most powerful security operating system in the world delivers more security to fight advanced threats, more control to users and devices, and more intelligence to build secure policies.
- Simplify installations with FortiExplorer and Wizards.
|FortiGate 70D||FortiGate 70D-POE|
|GbE RJ45 WAN Ports||2||2|
|GbE RJ45 Switch Ports||14||10|
|GE RJ45 PoE Ports||–||4|
|USB Ports (Client / Server)||1 / 2||1 / 2|
|Firewall Throughput (1518 / 512 / 64 byte UDP packets)||3.5 / 3.5 / 3.5 Gbps|
|Firewall Latency (64 byte UDP packets)||4 μs|
|Firewall Throughput (Packets Per Second)||5.3 Mpps|
|Concurrent Sessions (TCP)||2 Million|
|New Sessions/Second (TCP)||4,000|
|IPsec VPN Throughput (512 byte packets)||1 Gbps|
|Gateway-to-Gateway IPsec VPN Tunnels||200|
|Client-to-Gateway IPsec VPN Tunnels||1,000|
|SSL-VPN Throughput||35 Mbps|
|Concurrent SSL-VPN Users (Recommended Maximum)||200|
|IPS Throughput (HTTP / Enterprise Mix) 1||275 / 41 Mbps|
|SSL Inspection Throughput 2||35 Mbps|
|Application Control Throughput 3||34 Mbps|
|NGFW Throughput 4||25 Mbps|
|Threat Protection Throughput 5||22.5 Mbps|
|CAPWAP Throughput 6||250 Mbps|
|Virtual Domains (Default / Maximum)||10 / 10|
|Maximum Number of FortiAPs (Total / Tunnel Mode)||32 / 16|
|Maximum Number of FortiTokens||100|
|Maximum Number of Registered FortiClients||200|
|High Availability Configurations||Active / Active, Active / Passive, Clustering|
|Height x Width x Length (in)||1.72 x 8.5 x 8.78|
|Height x Width x Length (mm)||44 x 216 x 223|
|Weight||3.5 lbs (1.6 kg)|
|Power Required||100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz|
|Max Current||110 V / 1.5 A, 220 V / 0.75 A||110 V / 2 A, 220 V / 1 A|
|Total Available PoE Power Budget*||–||61.6 W|
|Power Consumption (Avg / Max)||17 / 21 W||59 / 89 W|
|Heat Dissipation||72 BTU / h||303 BTU/h|
|Operating Temperature||32 - 104 °F (0 - 40 °C)|
|Storage Temperature||-31 - 158 °F (-35 - 70 °C)|
|Humidity||20 to 90% non-condensing|
|Operating Altitude||Up to 7,400 ft (2,250 m)|
|Compliance & Certification|
|Compliance||FCC Part 15 Class B, C-Tick, VCCI, CE, UL/cUL, CB||FCC Part 15 Class B/A, C-Tick, VCCI, CE, UL/ cUL, CB|
|Certifications||ICSA Labs: Firewall, IPSec, IPS, Antivirus, SSL VPN|
Note: All performance values are "up to" and vary depending on system configuration. IPsec VPN performance is based on 512 byte UDP packets using AES-256+SHA1.
1. IPS performance is measured using 1 Mbyte HTTP and Enterprise Traffic Mix.
2. SSL Inspection is measured with IPS enabled and HTTP traffic, using TLS v1.2 with AES256-SHA.
3. Application Control performance is measured with 64 Kbytes HTTP traffic.
4. NGFW performance is measured with IPS and Application Control enabled, based on Enterprise Traffic Mix.
5. Threat Protection performance is measured with IPS and Application Control and Malware protection enabled, based on Enterprise Traffic Mix.
6. CAPWAP performance is based on 1444 byte UDP packets.
* Maximum loading on each PoE/+ port is 30 W (802.3at).
FortiGuard Security Services
FortiGuard Labs offers real-time intelligence on the threat landscape, delivering comprehensive security updates across the full range of Fortinet's solutions. Comprised of security threat researchers, engineers, and forensic specialists, the team collaborates with the world's leading threat monitoring organizations, other network and security vendors, as well as law enforcement agencies:
- Real-time Updates — 24x7x365 Global Operations research security intelligence, distributed via Fortinet Distributed Network to all Fortinet platforms.
- Security Research — FortiGuard Labs have discovered over 170 unique zero-day vulnerabilities to date, totaling millions of automated signature updates monthly
- Validated Security Intelligence — Based on FortiGuard intelligence, Fortinet's network security platform is tested and validated by the world's leading third-party testing labs and customers globally.
FortiCare Support Services
Our FortiCare customer support team provides global technical support for all Fortinet products. With support staff in the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia, FortiCare offers services to meet the needs of enterprises of all sizes:
- Enhanced Support — For customers who need support during local business hours only.
- Comprehensive Support — For customers who need around- the-clock mission critical support, including advanced exchange hardware replacement.
- Advanced Services — For global or regional customers who need an assigned Technical Account Manager, enhanced service level agreements, extended software support, priority escalation, on-site visits and more.
- Professional Services — For customers with more complex security implementations that require architecture and design services, implementation and deployment services, operational services and more.
FortiGuard Labs delivers a number of security intelligence services to augment the FortiGate firewall platform. You can easily optimize the protection capabilities of your FortiGate with the FortiGuard Enterprise Bundle. This bundle contains the full set of FortiGuard security services plus FortiCare service and support offering the most flexibility and broadest range of protection all in one package.